Installing the SmallBiz Theme
This tutorial assumes you have WordPress successfully installed. Read our WordPress install guide here. Please note: We highly recommend using Linux Servers.
Log in to your WordPress Install
1) Type your domain name into a web browser of choice and add “wp-login.php” to the end of your domain name. This will get you to your WordPress Dashboard login screen.
2) Login with the User name and Password created earlier.
The WordPress Dashboard – Installing Your copy of the Smallbiz Theme
1) Expand the “Appearance” tab and click on “Themes”
2) Click on “Install Themes” top center of the page.
3) Click on “Upload”
4) Browse to the location you saved your Smallbiz Theme Zip file and Install. Important: you need to upload the entire Zip file. Do not rename the Smallbiz Zip file.
5) Click “Activate” to activate your new Theme
6) You will automatically be forwarded into the Smallbiz Options Panel
If your browser automatically unzips all files:
Safari > Preferences > General > uncheck “Open safe files after downloading”
Firefox > Preferences > Applications > find the “zip” file and set the option to just download or ask what to do.
More tips for Mac Users: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=666749
If you are on a Mac – You might be able to re-zip the file by Control-Clicking the Smallbiz folder and selecting “Create Archive for…”