Training Course Index
Why we offer additional Training Classes:
The SmallBiz Theme is becoming increasingly popular with everyone wishing to generate additional income by offering Website, SEO and Social Media Services to clients.
Many of the consultants that choose SmallBiz are just starting out with their careers and are looking for in-depth training. This is why we launched our complete “Build your own Business” Training Course Series.
Next Live Training Class
As a member, you are invited to all of our online training courses. The courses usually occur on Thursday evenings at 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern 2am GMT.
Introduction to the Members Training Area
Please watch this brief introduction video to the Expand2Web Experts Training and Member Area.
- Introduction Video (FREE to WATCH)
Launch Your Own Successful Business – Be Your Own Boss
In our Building Your Business class you will learn how to build your own business on the web. We show you how to get clients, how to choose your specialty AND your niche, how to price your services and set customer expectations, and how to make money by helping business owners make the transition to the web by becoming their “Trusted Advisor”.
- The Opportunity, Working with Clients, Contracting and Delivery
- Attracting and Managing Clients
- Contracting, Outsourcing and Delivering – plus – Business Structure
- Positive Cash Flow Cycle – Service as Product
- Handling Customer Objections
- Providing Hosting for your own Clients – Pros & Cons
- Bonus Session: 12 Ways to Get New Customers
- Bonus Session: Getting Customers through Referrals
- Bonus Session: Productivity Tools
Create Compelling Websites
In this class you will learn how to build a complete small business website using WordPress and the SmallBiz WordPress theme. We will show you how to install and use WordPress, how to customize the look and feel, the basics of on-page search engine optimization, and how to set up and optimize Local Profiles for Small Businesses.
- Introduction to WordPress & Creating Your Website
- Using WordPress
- Customizing Your Website (using the SmallBiz Original Theme)
- Customizing Your Website (using the SmallBiz Dynamic Theme)
- Advanced Customization and SEO
- Security – Keep Hackers Out
- Images for your Website – What you need to know.
- Bonus Session: Backing up your WordPress Site (FREE to WATCH)
Master WordPress – The Complete WordPress Beginner Video Series
The video series can be viewed as standalone or together with the Building and Customizing your WordPress website classes. The videos below apply to all WordPress Themes – not only to the SmallBiz Theme.
- Introduction, WordPress.com vs. org & Installation
- Videos 1-3 Dashboard, Editor & Posts
- Videos 4-6 Categories, Pages & Images
- Videos 7-9 Embed Video, Media Library & Comments
- Videos 10-12 Links, Themes & Widgets
- Videos 13-15 Menus, Plugins & Adding Users
- Videos 16-18 Tools, Settings & Revisions
Be The SEO Guru! Search Engine Optimization and Local Profiles
In this course we go in-depth on local search engine optimization and teach you our proven “Circle of Trust” method of obtaining top search results. We also share tools and templates that you can use for your own business and clients.
- Optimizing Your Website
- Content Strategy
- Local Profiles and Reviews
- Local Citations and Building Backlinks
- Update: Google+ merges with Google Local Places
- Google Authorship
The Importance of Online Reviews in Local Search
Online Reviews are an important factor for local search. Reviews affect Ranking, Click throughs, Conversions and give any business a Competitive advantage.
Become A Trusted Advisor: 4 Pillars of an Effective Web Presence
Small businesses need to stop thinking in terms of a website, and instead of their overall Web Presence. Your web presence includes your Website, Blog, Social Media footprint and Mobile reach.
Become The Social Media Expert
Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Linked-in and new emerging platforms such as Pinterest are covered .
- Optimizing and Customizing Facebook Business Pages
- Google+, Google Search Plus Your World and YouTube
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SoLoMo and Siri for iPhone meets Local Search
- Bonus Session: Social Media Round-up with Guest Speaker Stephanie Lichtenstein
Increase Your Website Traffic With Content Marketing
Content marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high-quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers.
Generate Additional Income With Affiliate Marketing
If you have a Web site or blog and are looking for a way to earn income from your website consider affiliate marketing.
Create Followers With Your Email List
Email, when done properly is even more effective than social media. In this class we show you how to build your email list and create ongoing relationships with your clients that bring new business.
- Introduction to Building Your Email List
- More List Building Tricks & Email Autoresponder
- Offering Email List Set-up as a Service
- Follow Up Auto-Responder
Podcasting is an easy and powerful way to communicate your ideas and messages. Many Site owners will attest that Podcasting drives more traffic to their sites than other more hyped methods such as Social Media.
Foursquare Checkin – Your Business Opportunity
Foursquare represents a unique opportunity not only for business owners, but for consultants who are helping small business owners. We go into practical methods for helping new clients in this class.
Build An iPhone | Android | Win7Phone App
Mobile is here and it’s getting more and more important! Today = 15% of all searches come from mobile devices. By 2015 = 90%! of all searches will come from mobile devices. Learn about the difference between Mobile Enabled Websites and Mobile Apps. Plus build your own App in 5+ hours.
Expand2Web Expert Training Live Q&A’s and Guest Speakers
Catch up on the latest, learn what we are up to and share your success stories. Live Q&A’s are held on a regular bases. We will post all 2012 Sessions, Links and Recordings here.
- Google I/O Conference Recap 03.23.13
- Website Sales Pitch
- Live Q&A 01.12.12
- Keyword Research presentation by Coryon Redd
- Customer Onboarding Process (Payment and Form)
- Local University New York Event Recap 06.10.12
- Key Ingredients of a Complete Website 18.10.12
- A Day in the Life of… Setup and Tools used by Don and Thomas
- BlueGlass Conference Recap 07.12.12
- What’s on Deck for 2013
- Affiliate Summit West Recap 01.17.13
- Jeff “Herschy” Schwerdt’s Localizer Lead Tool
Facebook Page Security Update – SSL Certificates
Facebook has changed the rules once again – all Facebook Page tab content needs to come from an SSL secure server. We cover the implications of this in the course and what you can do to comply.
Connect – Share – Discuss | Join The Private Facebook Group
Meet everyone in the private Facebook group. Share tips & tricks, get ideas and socialize.
Pro Web Design Alliance Partnership
We partnered with Pro Web Design Alliance. Take advantage of these awesome tutorials and classes.
SmallBiz Theme Download Link and UserGuide
Make Up To $75 For Each SmallBiz Theme Sold